Arklow Cancer Support Group hold a number of annual events during the year which included:
· Breast Cancer Awareness Day (Pink Day) held in October in conjunction with Europa Donna
· Men's Cancer Awareness Day (Blue Day) held in November. This is an initiative set up at the request of our male clients and an event that gave birth to our Men's Group. The initiative of Blue Day put Arklow Cancer support Group on the map as it is one of the first of its kind in Ireland.
· Candlelight Service. This service is held in December and allows our clients time to reflect on their year through Ecumenical prayer and music. It is an emotional evening that highlights a great sense of solidarity and strength among the congregation.
· Christmas Party Night. Arklow Cancer Support Group hosts a Christmas Party for our clients in early December. Further information and tickets are available from our office from October onwards.
·Children’s Christmas Party. Arklow Cancer Support pride ourselves on the special Christmas Party we provide for children and grandchildren of our clients.
· East Coast FM Wicklow Wide Coffee Morning. This is an annual event that raises money for Cancer Support services around the county and the Wicklow Hospice. A massive €81,179.15 was raised this year.
· East Coast Roosters Motorcycle Club. Roosters take off on their round Ireland trip every year. This year they raised €16,126.66 for Arklow Cancer Support, Rathdrum Cancer Support and Alzheimer’s Society of Ireland.